-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Haskett

Colin:

The backups seem to take about the same time with or without UD
shutdown, on the development server.  I just ran a backup on our UD
directory and it was 1Gb, compressed to 120Mb, and took about 5 1/2
minutes to create.  On one of our client's D3 server, the uncompressed
file-save, of the same data, took about 40 seconds and was about 200Mb.
I took a look at another one of our clients and their D3 backup was
1.1Gb of a 5-6Gb database, on Windows, and it took 6 minutes to create.
In one of our beta accounts, someone created a 12Mb hold entry and
somehow Windows showed there were 11.7Gb in the _HOLD_ directory when
the item, created on 6/25/07, showed as 12Mb in Windows Explorer.  I
deleted that item and this problem disappeared (where'd that come
from?).  I suppose this is just one more of the multitude of problems
I've got to keep my eye on!  Anyway...

We don't have any transaction processing.  The timing starts when the
NTBackup starts, after the dbpause.  The timing ends when the dbresume
is executed, not when it completes.

I've been researching backup software and it all seems to point back to
Symantec (jeeze!).  I was hoping someone would have experience with a
high-speed backup product that would backup open files for U2.  Since
our application has a module that uses ASP.NET we really don't want to
shut down the dbms for very long (this is more important than backuping
up open files and not having a "pristine" backup).

Thanks,

Bill