Colin:

As always, thanks.  I guess it could be anything.  I was thinking it was just
how slow stuff is, and how much junk we're all willing
to put up with.  :-)

The cost is always a shock when one moves out of MV.  But, I'm getting used to
it so pricing isn't that big a deal.  However, the
backup solution has to be loaded on about 7 Windows servers.  As it stands now,
I've built a couple of interesting NTBackup scripts
that do everything for me, including ftp'ing the backups across the network to
a storage machine, emailing me, and cleaning up the
archives (so I don't end up with so many backup files it crashes the disk).

Thanks again.

Bill