We want to send messages to the users when we need to shut the system down. We tried MESSAGE from Universe, but it displayed the message at the cursor position and doesn't refresh the screen. We've turned off UNIX messages because the users were getting all kinds of messages that were doing the same thing. Anyone know of a way to send messages out to all logged in users so that it shows up on a specific line of the screen?

--
Pamela J Robbins             New Bolton Center
Senior Programmer Analyst    School of Veterinary Medicine