I know you said you've turned off unix messages, but we use a scripted
'wall' command. You can't specify where it shows up on the screen, but it's
always in the bottom few lines. depending on how long the message text is.

Brad Schrag
InfoLease Development
651-205-3074
RiverBank / EP-MN-BGF

The answer to life, the universe and everything

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 07/06/2007 11:36:37 AM:

> We want to send messages to the users when we need to shut the system
> down.  We tried MESSAGE from Universe, but it displayed the message at
> the cursor position and doesn't refresh the screen.  We've turned off
> UNIX messages because the users were getting all kinds of messages that
> were doing the same thing.  Anyone know of a way to send messages out to
> all logged in users so that it shows up on a specific line of the screen?

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you
in advance for your cooperation.