Hi,

I'm having some issues with installing UniVerse on an Ubuntu machine.

I have everything in the /tmp/uv directory, so the listing is like this:-

CONNPL
CVTB
DEVELOP
DOC
FILESIZE
GCI
IC
JDBC
MAIN
NETWORK
NLS
OBJ
PORTING
QA
STARTUPUCI
UOJ
UVODBC
uv.load

When I run ./uv.load it runs, i select option 1 (Install as root), then it
prompts for the settings, which i change option 4 and 5 to /tmp/uv
So looks like this:-
_________________________________
                        UniVerse Installation Options

The current settings of the available options are:

   UniVerse installer    : root
   UniVerse administrator: root  uid=0  gid=0

1) UniVerse home directory:           /usr/ibm/uv
                                      (currently: Not Installed.)
2) UniVerse-UniData shared directory: /usr/ibm/unishared
                                      (currently: Not Installed.)
3) Compile terminfo definitions:      true
4) Rewind tape name                   /tmp/uv
5) No-rewind tape name                /tmp/uv
6) Long File Names                    OFF
_________________________________

When i press enter to begin installing it comes up with the following:-
_________________________________
User uvsql will inherit ownership of the SQL catalog.
Downloading from /tmp/uv to /usr/ibm/uv

Now loading uniVerse from the install media...

cpio: premature end of file
Unable to read installation media.
Contact your IBM support representative.

I have created the uvsql and uvadm users.
I have also tried burning it all to cd and running it from there, which
produced the same results?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Trev