Fore reference:

The "cpio" difference is in the "c" option on an extract. By my
recollection: RedHat announced (aeons ago) that they were changing "c" to
mean "not create" whereas previously it had meant "create". I think this was
to do with POSIX changes but I am not sure.

Then - after a gap - they made the change with no new announcement (because
it had been announced a long time ago).

My recollection may be hazy after this time - but it was definitely the
meaning of "c" on cpio that was reversed. The resolution was to modify the
installation script from:

cpio -icvdumB

cpio -ivdumB

The may be no more than modifying the case statement in uv.load to cater for
the response passed back from uname - make it the same as the RedHat Linux
case statement which does I believe cater for this.

Worth noting: On some systems the response from "uname" is wholly
customisable - it can play merry hell with the installation script sometimes
as it tries to work out what on earth we are installing on and defaults to
"case 1".

Regards

JayJay