To me that is foolish. As a programmer you need to know how that
database functions so you can program to its strengths and try to avoid
its weaknesses.

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoffrey Mitchell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 9:58 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] UniData 7.1 vs. MS SQL 2005 performance

I don't have any idea what you are trying to say.

A database should be a black box.  You put data in and pull data out.
The less you have to know about the details of what goes on inside, the
better.

You can easily benchmark two black box systems that perform the same
function (with unknown implementations), and the results are totally
relevant as a comparison of those two systems.

--
Geoffrey Mitchell
Programmer/Analyst