The issue for me is that I am using the list of employees within a program -
so Virtual Dictionaries are not an option - displaying the data.  I
certainly don't want to sort it on use each time, which means I need to do
an insert BY "AL" -- but in order to do that I have to have the list ready
on read, but I insert names into the list one at a time -- hence I throught
I would have to maintain two attributes -- one 'as keyed' and one in 'sort
case' -- my other choice is to UPCASE the 'as keyed' each time I have to do
an insert.

I guess that's my question:

Which is better

Write a record with two sets of data, one 'as typed' one strictly for
sorting, so that on the next insert, I just create a sort version of the new
name, and insert it in both lists. The downside here is the record is
larger.
OR
Use UPCASE on each need to insert to build the 'insert array' as needed,
find the insert position in that array, then insert the 'AsTyped'.  The
downside to me was having to UPCASE each time an insert is needed.

I'm trying to figure out the lesser of the evils!