Wally:

Thanks.  Here's the result of connecting from the console (a remote desktop
session):

25R1Cp2 Weml (0)-> 0LIST-DTALOGS
No more entries in MI table in LCT-2

Connection to host lost.

Here's what an "sms -L" shows:

Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\wphaskett>sms -L
-------------------- LCTs (128) ---------------------
3188        3448        -1          1328        1660
-1          -1          -1          -1          -1
-1          -1          -1          -1          -1
-1          1164        -1          -1          -1
-1          -1          -1          -1          -1
-1          -1          -1          -1          -1
.
.

File system table size (N_FILESYS):200, Used: 3

           Device ID      Available Space NFS File System Name
                           (in 512 Bytes)
          1745276306             13324739  no C:\
          3694171166             58480960  no D:\
          2014220919            168400056  no E:\

A review of your troubleshooting presentation shows:

udtshared memory errors...

. No more entries in MI table in LCT -n
  -udt run-time error when acquiring a new global page or
   creating an indirect segment to hold a large string
  -Increase SHM_LMINENTS to make the table bigger
  -Or, increase SHM_GPAGESZ to reduce the entries required
. Reference: Chapters 3,4 -UniData Troubleshooting Guide

I altered SHM_LMINENTS from 32 to 64 (not sure why though) and restarted
UniData.
What's the difference between altering SHM_LMINTS (# of entries in the MI table
of an
LCT - currently set at 32) and SHM_GPAGESZ (the size of the global page in a SM
segment - current set at 256).  Anyway, when I reran the report and it came out
ok.
The table now looks like:

C:\Documents and Settings\wphaskett>sms -L | more
-------------------- LCTs (128) ---------------------
1508        4080        -1          -1          -1
-1          -1          -1          -1          -1
-1          -1          -1          -1          -1
-1          -1          -1          -1          -1
.
.

File system table size (N_FILESYS):200, Used: 3

           Device ID      Available Space NFS File System Name
                           (in 512 Bytes)
          1745276306             13324739  no C:\
          3694171166             58480960  no D:\
          2014220919            168400040  no E:\

I didn't contact IBM because I figured this was my problem and there was a
configuration parameter that should be set.  I just couldn't figure out what
parameter needed changing when a problem manifested itself through a telnet
abort.

Thanks,

Bill