<quote who="Stevenson, Charles">
> From: Charles Barouch
>> Unless you are already registered, Nabble replies bounce. I send out a
> lot
>> of e-mails to peopl who get caught in the bounce filter because of
> this and
>> invite them to join. We get a lot of our newer members that way.
>
> That means people know about the forum via Nabble and there is probably
> a population that prefers that web-user interface over email.  This is
> good.
>
> Chuck, is this the source of some of those messages you sometimes post
> "on behalf of non-list-members"?
>
> Maybe we need an option to subscribe, but not receive either digest or
> individual posts,  but that would allow people to post via Nabble.

With Majordomo (we are still using it, aren't we?) there's a 'restrict'
post option, which doesn't get emails, but which is allowed to post. The
format in the CONFIG file is:

restrict_post     =  u2-uses:u2-users-digest:restrictedlist

I don't know if that's a viable option, but on my server, I put my work
email address in the restrictedlist file so I can post to my wife's groups
in an emergency, like when my home email address is down...

Just a thought?

Karl

> I'm still not sure how we got in bed with Nabble, or rather, how they
> crawled in bed with us.  What are they doing under the covers!  Hey, who
> else are we sleeping with?  Google?  Yahoo?
>
> Chuck S

Karl Pearson
Director of I.T.
ATS Industrial Supply, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.atsindustrial.com
800-789-9300 x29
Fax: 801-972-3888

"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."