I think I would recheck that. If it is true that would stop New York's
convention business completely and I don't think that would be what they
would want.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Wolverton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 9:05 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] I *was* Going to the New York U2U Class...

But I just found out that if any Employee is 'working' in New York, you
have
to have a New York Workers Comp policy.

This is a new ruling, and I just called Albany compliance (866-298-7830)
find out if attending a conference 'counts' as employment
duties/working.
And they said "yes".

So - I for one will not be able to be attending since I'm not going to
add
New York Workers Comp to attend a conference!

And I thought it should be 'known' that if you are attending as an
'employee' or sending an 'employee', you may want to find out if you
need to
have a New York Workers Comp policy in place.

Hope I can make the California show now!!

David W.