I think the point Doug was making regarding "ibm docs" is that they don't contain all the little tidbits of knowledge that most of the "old timers" have gleaned throughout the years. For example, the port.status hex address thingy and what it denotes.

Toward that end, I want to encourage anyone and everyone who has this knowledge share it with the rest of us on PickWiki.com and/or u2ugWiki.com.

I think Doug's frustration that the IBM administration docs typically focus on uniadmin, not so much on the details of port.status and similar utilities. I share that frustration too.

rex