Bill, usually we do not load UniAdmin on client machines - only on the servers. But I will remember that if I ever need a feature that is only accessible via UniAdmin. My preference is to just shell out to a command prompt and type in the commands rather than making the client make another port accessible - I don't need pretty graphics, just information. I am not averse to SMIT or UniAdmin or any other nice tools, but I don't see why anyone would necessarily force their use rather than document the commands in addition to providing the pretty interface.

Susan Lynch
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Haskett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:06 PM
Subject: RE: IBM DOCS was: RE: [U2] <sigh> phantom ?

Susan:

You can set up UniAdmin to manage any server from your client machine. They just need to open, and route, port 31438 (or whatever) to the U2 server. I do this with
all the servers I manage and don't need remote desktop access.

I'm not sure what minimum permissions are required to perform the dbms administration though as I'm normally connecting as an administrator. But then, the dbms server is
normally a separate machine so security isn't compromised.

Bill