Hey,

Does anyone have any info/insights about good phonetic algorithms?

We are all very familiar perhaps with the Soundex, Metaphone or
Double-Metaphone, but these were all designed for Latin/English language names.
 The basic logic was patented in 1918.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonetic_algorithm

Maybe some of our mates across the pond in the public sector, or even
stateside, have devised algorithms that also work with Arabic language names,
or other languages.

What are you other Distributors doing in this regard to not sell to anyone on
the government's list of badguys, or prevent ITR or EAR products from getting
into the wrong hands?  We have a pretty successful program in place in this
regard but I'm looking to tighten our search capacity, and that means better
phonetic algorithms.

For an example of a newer algorithm, here is the Daitch-Mokotoff Soundex,
designed for Slavic and Yiddish origin names.
http://www.jewishgen.org/jos/jossound.htm

Anyone that doesn't want to divulge your advances in this area on-list, email
me off list.
bakerdothughes
atmouserdotcom

Regards,