Bill wrote:
UD v7.1.9
Windows 2K3 Server Standard w/SP2
SETPTR 0,,,1,0,3,BRIEF,NOMESSAGE,NOEJECT,NOHEAD,BANNER UNIQUE
LWMI_BILLIEB_39_1460744348
No AV software
Backups done w/NTBackup and compressed with WinRAR (6 hours before report
run)

I reran this particular report, just now, five times with no problem.  So
it doesn't
seem to be associated with the software.  The subroutine that runs the
SETPTR command
is used throughout the entire application and there must be over 1,000
reports run
every day, with no issues.

The person who ran this particular report connects over the internet to the
UD
server.  Yesterday, there were two 15Gb files, created by two different
users over
the internet.  This is a pretty heavily used system and these two
particular reports
have been run, maybe, 250 times since the U2 Conference in SF in Nov 2007
(the last
time this problem occurred) as they are two of the most popular reports on
the
enterprise system.

I'm wondering if IBM support is interested in this, as it seems to be an
intermittent
problem where reproduction would be difficult.  I did keep a copy of the
17Gb file
from yesterday though.
________
We are happy to work on this problem with you, if you wish.
I doubt there is anything of interest in the particular print file. I
presume you have examined it for unprintable characters or such.
I suspect they are mostly empty? and will likely zip down pretty small?
Sounds like 'connects over the internet' may be the difference in behavior?
Not sure exactly what that means in your environment.
Please open a case if you want to pursue this. We can always post the
eventual discovery to this list - rather than the continued dialog.
Regards,

 Wally Terhune
 SWG Client Support - Information
 Management Software