Wally:

Thanks.  I've submitted a case to IBM.

One point to note is I couldn't find any bogus characters in the file; but I
could
only view the file via a DOS "more LWMI_BILLIEB_39_1460744348" command because
it was
too large to edit.

Bill

LWMI_BILLIEB_39_1460744348
>No AV software
>Backups done w/NTBackup and compressed with WinRAR (6 hours before report
>run)
>
>I reran this particular report, just now, five times with no problem.  So it
>doesn't
>seem to be associated with the software.  The subroutine that runs the SETPTR
command
>is used throughout the entire application and there must be over 1,000 reports
>run
>every day, with no issues.
>
>The person who ran this particular report connects over the internet to the UD
>server.  Yesterday, there were two 15Gb files, created by two different users
>over
>the internet.  This is a pretty heavily used system and these two particular
>reports
>have been run, maybe, 250 times since the U2 Conference in SF in Nov 2007 (the
>last
>time this problem occurred) as they are two of the most popular reports on the
>enterprise system.
>
>I'm wondering if IBM support is interested in this, as it seems to be an
intermittent
>problem where reproduction would be difficult.  I did keep a copy of the 17Gb
>file
>from yesterday though.
>________

We are happy to work on this problem with you, if you wish.
I doubt there is anything of interest in the particular print file. I
presume you have examined it for unprintable characters or such.
I suspect they are mostly empty? and will likely zip down pretty small?
Sounds like 'connects over the internet' may be the difference
in behavior?
Not sure exactly what that means in your environment.
Please open a case if you want to pursue this. We can always post the
eventual discovery to this list - rather than the continued dialog.
Regards,

 Wally Terhune
 SWG Client Support - Information
 Management Software