Instead of "07748","012345","000123"   have ="07748",="012345",="000123"    ??

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of MAJ Programming
Sent: 13 February 2008 14:05
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Excel downloads

On this topic, I have a request for a solution.

In New Jersey, all the zip codes start with '0'. Add product codes like
012345 and order numbers like 000123 etc and you'll see the leading zeros.

When creating and exporting a CSV to eventually be used by Excel, those
columns lose their leading zeros as Excel thinks they are numeric.

I know that the users can <format column> and choose Custom etc.

I've converted the same CSV into a HTML boxed record and the zeros remain as
expected.

I've tried prepending the values with an astrophe (single quote) to no
avail.

The true data (as viewed in Notepad) is exactly as I sent it:
"07748","012345","000123"

So, any tricks in having Excel leave the zeros alone when clicking on the
CSV in WIndows Explorer. Meaning, that the person opening the CSV in excel
doesn't have to convert anything.

Thanks in advance
Mark Johnson