NebulaXLite was developed to solve exactly the problem that you describe.
Please feel free to download and use a free trial:
remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com/products/xlite.htm

For Excel back into U2, we have another option coming soon.  The difference
between this and the AccuTerm option is that (1) you don't need AccuTerm on
the client or anywhere else, it can be used by anyone including your
trading partners, and (2) it uses web services rather than telnet so it can
be used anywhere, over the internet, from home, etc.
For more info, see the link to NebulaXChange from the NebulaXLite download
page.

Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development
TG@ remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com