Hi Bill,

I'm not a server/network person so please bear with me.

We don't want our users to ever go to TCL. There is custom coding in the
login paragraph to prevent this. Users get into a customized menu
system.

We also don't want the users to pick and choose the accounts they
access; so, we have been setting them up with the account path in the
profile tab, under the home folder, local path. This worked like a charm
on Win2000, but ever since we upgraded to Win2003, creating new users
resets the permissions to the selected account path as soon as we save
the new user with that path as their local path.

So the path is not truly to a user profile, but to their "home
directory". Since they share directories (we only have so many Universe
accounts), we don't want the permissions to be reset.

I hope this makes more sense. If there is a better way to do this,
please let me know: we've been doing this by rote and are obviously
missing a piece of the equation.

Thanks!

Laure Hansen,
City of Redwood City