Hello

It's been a couple years since I was doing this, so the details are
getting fuzzy.  But as I recall, UniObjects provides a class that has a
query method.  You pass your uniquery command as a string to the Query
method which returns the XML.   Now, I forgotten what the mechanism was
for converting the xml to a dataset object, but it's built in to either
UniObjects or .net.

We found that besides the TOXML keyword, it was best to also always
include the ELEMENTS keyword.  With UniData, the default is to return
the data as attributes.  But the ELEMENTS keyword causes the data
columns to be returned as elements.    The main significance was that if
your data set had a case where for a given field, none of the rows had a
value in UniData, then that field was omitted from the xml results.  So
later, if your code referenced that column by name, you had an error
condition to handle.

The other point I remember is that it got slow with large data sets.  By
large I mean 50k+ rows of data.  Most of the time (about 95%) is used in
converting the uniquery results to xml then converting the XML to ADO.

hth

Victor St. Clair
Sr. Analyst
Jenkon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
360-256-4400 Phone
360-256-9623 Fax
www.jenkon.com

All information contained within this email is Confidential and
Proprietary.