To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:09 AM
Subject: RE: [U2] static/dynamic file(s) opinions wanted!

Occasionally RESIZE filename * * * is a good thing to do with dynamic files. This re-packs each group, consolidating fragmented free space (from deleted/reduced records) in (at the end of) each group buffer. It may, if you're lucky, also bring some groups out of overflow.

Dynamic files do not, of themselves, re-pack groups in normal operation unless by doing so they would avoid extending the group into overflow.