>From the help item on Concurrent

CONCURRENT

   Use in a RESIZE command to permit other users  to  access  the
   file  while  it  is  being resized. To let other users use the
   file PAYABLES while it is being resized, enter the following:

      >RESIZE PAYABLES 4 3 2 CONCURRENT

Tom Dodds
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
630.235.2975

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Norman, David
(SAAS)
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:55 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] static/dynamic file(s) opinions wanted!

Ray earlier suggested using RESIZE * * * CONCURRENT for a Dynamic file.
On 10.0.16 this results in the error "Concurrent Resize of type 1, 19,
25, or 30 is not allowed."
Adding the "USING" parameter suggested by Ray results in an "Invalid
Option" error.
If I want to resize a Dynamic file to reclaim unused space after
deleting records, do I have to stop access to this file for the duration
? We run a 24x7 operation and stopping access to files is generally not
possible.
Do I have any other options for cleaning up Dynamic files while they are
in use ??

Thanks,
========================
David Norman
Senior Software Engineer - SA Ambulance Service

ICT Services
SA Health
Government of South Australia

Box 3, GPO
Adelaide, South Australia 5001
*+61 8 8274 0384
* fax +61 8 8271 4844
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This e-mail may contain confidential information, which also may be
legally privileged. Only the intended recipient(s) may access, use,
distribute or copy this e-mail. If this e-mail is received in error,
please inform the sender by return e-mail and delete the original. If
there are doubts about the validity of this message, please contact the
sender by telephone. It is the recipient's responsibility to check the
e-mail and any attached files for viruses.

database 3296 (20080724) __________

http://www.eset.com