Tony,

obvious or not - I think You missed something.

Electronic invoices  are common goods in some coutnries.
Here in Sweden even for personal invoices - e.g. I get
my electricity bill as a message when i log in to my bank.

Business is moving on and some large companies will not
accept invoices on paper beginning  this new year.

and now it's coming down under...

-- mats