What about if you had a unix directory call ../truefalse
If the output of UD/UV program is good, then "touch ../truefalse/PID"
If the output of UD/UV program is false, then "/bin/rm ../truefalse/PID"

then

RUN BP $udtProgram ; cat ../truefalse/`method-of-returning-current-pid`

I can't remember how to return your current PID.

The idea is that if the UV program is ok, create a file so the cat command
   returns a 1 (successful), if the UV program output needs to be not ok
   then make the output of the cat command unsuccessfull (file non existant).

George