From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 November 2008 14:46
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] Setting return code when a Universe process terminates

>> Using whatever programming language you run to power your iis web site
>> asp/asp.net/php etc. Or your iis web server dishes up static html which
has
>> a script it in that contacts the u2 server via ajax.
.
I appreciate your patience.  I'm relatively new to AJAX.   I am interested
in finding a way to get to the U2 data more directly than we do currently,
which is using a Java Bridge and Uniobjects for Java.

I've done XMLHttpRequests from clients using JavaScript.  In this case,
the IIS server is doing an XMLHttpRequest to the U2 server, right?  It
takes the request response from the U2 server and incorporates it into a
page that is returned to the client.  Is this server side JavaScript, or
is there a way to do an XMLHttpRequest from ASP/PHP?

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation
17:24