> From: Charles_Shaffer
> I am interested in finding a way to get to the U2 data
> more directly than we do currently, which is using a
> Java Bridge and Uniobjects for Java.

Charles, you may be interested in mvExec.  It will execute any
command or program on any MV system from anywhere in your
network.  In your case, you don't need to be concerned about
connectivity.  All exchanges with Universe are done by executing
a local command and reading local files that contain the results.
This can be used by any language or tools that you choose and
there is no need to learn any new language or protocol.  Example:

DOS Command: mvexec mvreaditem
Uses configuration file mvreaditem.mv0 in a local windows
directory to read a customer record from a production server
account.  Results are stored in \temp.
Config file has 4 lines written at runtime:
  productionserver        <--- name any server here
  EXEC.GET.ITEM           <--- call your own program here
  |CUSTOMERS|12345        <--- data for the program
  c:\temp\mvreaditem.mv1  <--- store results here

Software download and full documentation with code samples is on
our Freeware page:
   remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com/freeware
mvExec is completely free and can be used by anyone who already
has mv.NET installed.

[AD] If you don't have mv.NET you can purchase a single license
from Nebula R&D or any other mv.NET reseller.  Once you have an
inexpensive license it can be used for many other purposes.

HTH

Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development
TG@ remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com
Nebula R&D sells mv.NET and other Pick/MultiValue products
worldwide, and provides related development and training services