Hi Rudy

First, for a Windows based editor download the free mvDeveloper from my
website. It's written in Delphi, uses UniObjects and it's lean and quick. And
free, or did I say that?

Second, download my primer on 'writing your first universe application' from
the U2UG site. I know you're not new to UniVerse, but it is really a primer for
using UniObjects.Net with VB.Net. That might give you some insight.

Using .Net for developing screens is fine so long as you have a sensible
grounding. For fun take a look at SilverLight - it's easier than Adobe Flex
since it has a sensible programming language behind it (C# not actionscript) or
otherwise regular Windows forms will do the job - much easier if you can use
permanent sessions (like telnet) rather than web apps, especially since you can
use regular locking and should be able to reuse much of your existing code.

But read my articles on data binding to objects (not to datasets) and using
LINQ with UniVerse XML, in the latest Spectrums before going down that route.

Regards

Brian

Hi List,

I need some recommendations.

We've been coding using our UV text editor.  You know the routine, copy
and paste from 1 program to another.

I have finally been given the green light to get pricing on a tool for
development, creating forms (screens), document as you go, reusability,
gui-izing, etc.

Any recommendations?  I was thinking of SB+, Redback, and even U2.NET
(Since we have access to visual studio).

We're a development team of 3 for about 100 UV users.

If your using any of the newer development tools, I'd really like your
opinion, good or bad.

thx,

rudy

Rudy Cooper

Technical Project Lead

Sage Publications Inc.

2455 Teller Road

Thousand Oaks, CA. 91320

USA

T: 805.410.7724

www.sagepub.com

Los Angeles | London | New Delhi

Singapore | Washington DC

The natural home for authors, editors & societies