Glen wrote

> After speaking with our administrator he said:
>
>Technically the card and switches are set to "Auto-Duplex", which means
>they are running in Full Duplex mode.

That may be the case but auto negotiate between the PC NIC and the switch
port does not always work - you should be able to tell from the switch port
if it actually has negotiated to full duplex or not. - Probably a barking up
the wrong tree there anyway.

Yes I agree a better way of capturing and dealing with these problems is the
way to go - my experience is of uniobjects.net in a web environment where we
are getting over 1 million hits per day, peaking at say 20 or more per
second and we do get a multitude of errors most days in the logs. - We
should not really ignore them but i think blips do just happen, certainly i
have found that the udt licence management is always a bit behind so if I
have all licences used and i drop a uniobjects connection and connect a new
one straight away it gives me a out of licence error - i sometimes have to
wait a few seconds before connecting again, which in web terms is a long
time. Sometimes i also getto thepoint where udt does not accept any new
uniobjects connections and the only way to fix this is to kill the unirpcd
service and restart it.