Cute.
Just think what would have happened, if you had named your list "DATA.30" !

I can't think of a way to SAVE.LIST to a hashed file, other than 2 step:
  SAVE.LIST XYZ
COPYI FROM &SAVEDLISTS& TO [hashed file] "XYZ" OVERWRITING DELETING HUSH

Going the other direction, there are 2 ways, QSELECT as well as FORM.LIST. (Pick & Prime heritage.)

Btw, iirc, fwiw, I *think* maybe PIOPEN flavour does SAVE.LIST differently, too. SAVE.LIST ABC XYZ
deposits XYZ in uv account ABC's &SAVEDLISTS& - maybe.

cds

George Gallen wrote:
This drove me nuts....I would save it into a file, thinking it was the reverse
of FORM.LIST,
   didn't give me any errors, but it never showed up in the file.

I didn't notice the part (in the RTFM) about it works only with type 1 or type
19 files.

Funny, after I coverted my file over to a type 19, it worked great. Then I
checked the old
file. It did work, it copied the items nicely to the file's directory, only
problem was it wasn't
inside the TYPE30 DATA&OVER files, which was why it didn't show up when I
listed the file.

so. FYI, it works great, if you have a type 1 or type 19 file.

So....Is there a reverse of FORM.LIST? that is take a LIST and write it as an
item to a file?

This is UV 10.0.3