From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Anthony W.
Youngman
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 7:24 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] COMMON misMatch

In message
<2b1985075953c947a7a53a53987adab22b5...@arnold.hkmetalcraft.lan>,
"Brutzman, Bill" <bi...@hkmetalcraft.com> writes

>A user here obtained an error message...
>
>       "COMMON size mismatch in subroutine "HOP.R87".
>
>Upon logging out and then logging back in again... The HOP program was
>able to launch without this error.
>
>Help with a diagnosis and more reliable cure would be appreciated.
>
>This user is WinXP / Dynamic Connect / UniVerse 10.1 / HP-Ux 11i v2.

Has this program been created by an auto-generator program? Did the user
go into the program by the *same* *route* both times after logging in?

If you've got a program generator auto-generating named common names you
have to be very careful - I fell foul of that a couple of times with
&PACE.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman <pi...@thewolery.demon.co.uk> 'Yings, yow graley
yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the thimble. 'What