In message <4ab4ed93.8050...@gmx.net>, Mecki Foerthmann <mec...@gmx.net> writes
I don't like sports analogies, and this one seems totally wrong.
I heard of the Yankees but I never heard of Orioles, but Chelsea and West Ham are both Premier League clubs as far as I know. IBM is Premier League too, but Rocket Software is definitely not, they are not even in the 2nd division. So our guy didn't get sold to West Ham to get the chance to play in their first team and score the winning goal against Man U. He ended up in some provincial team and won't ever get the chance to play at Wembley at all.

Sorry to disabuse you, but playing for a provincial team DOES give you the chance to play at Wembley. ALL teams play in the FA cup, and if you win enough matches you end up at Wembley. Okay, the chances of a provincial team making it into the final are near enough nil, but they're NOT ZERO. My local team (probably the equivalent of an American county team) was drawn against Premiership opposition a few years ago. They were delighted to end up only losing 3-0 :-)

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman <pi...@thewolery.demon.co.uk>
'Yings, yow graley yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the