Hello all,

We have recently installed UniData 7.2 on a 64bit Windows 2008 Server
and are running into a problem when trying to connect UniObjects to a
local UniData database using local addresses such as 127.0.0.1 /
localhost / machine name...

UniObjects is failing with the following exception:

An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used
fe80::5860:4fd0:c27c:c88d%13:31438

StackTrace:

 ==========

at IBMU2.UODOTNET.UniObjects.OpenSession(String hostname, String userid,
String password, String account, String service)

It would appear, that even though TCP/IPv6 is disabled on all network
adapters in this machine that via a call to the .Net Framework an IPv6
address is being returned instead of the IPv4 127.0.0.1 being preserved
and used as the address for the socket endpoint.. Does anyone have any
ideas on what we can do to work around this...

For interests sake I ran a ping at a command prompt for both localhost
and the machine name, and even they are returning the IPv6 address
(obviously IPv6 is still active even though disabled on all NICs) - so
the issue may not strictly be a UniObjects problem..

Thanks in advance

Ray