Really? We have large trees with code placed all around. If we had a single folder it might have 10000 files in it-ugly.

Sent from my iPhone

Jeff Butera
jbut...@hampshire.edu

On Mar 25, 2010, at 8:35 AM, "Symeon Breen" <syme...@gmail.com> wrote:

Probably because you would never have subdirectories in your program
directory.

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Butera
Sent: 25 March 2010 10:58
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] Unidata Silly Gripe

I know most won't care, but since I'm in the midst of a lot of Unidata
migrations...

Unidata provides three nifty tools: convcode, convdata and convidx for use
in migrating a database.

Can anyone tell me why the syntax for the three aren't the same? convdata
and convidx use a unix-like "-r" flag for recursive, whereas convcode
does not:

convdata -r dirname
convidx -r dirname
convcode  dirname

I know this is absolutely trivial, but I've run into problems before
scripting a moving and making the incorrect assumption that convcode took
a -r flag.

Jeff Butera, Ph.D.
Manager of ERP Systems
Hampshire College
jbut...@hampshire.edu
413-559-5556

"Life is a giant weenie roast and I'm the biggest weenie."
             Rose, The Golden Girls