We already use the exec uv syntax.

Thanks

Karl

On Thu, March 25, 2010 4:16 pm, Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
> In message <snt141-w2040511e4ab89e0e961de1c2...@phx.gbl>, Dan Fitzgerald
> <dangf...@hotmail.com> writes
>>
>>One thing you could do is to make that sleep like 30 seconds, find that
>> pid, then use the AIX truss command against it while it's sleeping, and
>> see
>>what bombs.
>>

>>When they drop to AIX, are they in the directory specified in
>> /etc/passwd, or somewhere else?
>
> And how are you invoking UV? From the local .profile?
>
> And are you just running UV, then logging out from inside the .profile?
>
> What we did when running on nix (Pr1me RISCoS) was to 'exec' UV (or PI)
> from the .profile. That way, UV overwrites .profile in memory - a sort
> of chain - and when it quits the login session quits. At least that will
> (or should) stop your users dropping to nix - a login failure should
> simply dump them straight out of the system again.
>
> Cheers,
> Wol
> --
> Anthony W. Youngman <pi...@thewolery.demon.co.uk>
> 'Yings, yow graley yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the
> thimble. 'What *is* he?' said Magrat. 'They're gnomes,' said Nanny. The
> man
> lowered the thimble. 'Pictsies!' Carpe Jugulum, Terry Pratchett 1998
> Visit the MaVerick web-site - <http://www.maverick-dbms.org> Open Source
> Pick

---
Karl Pearson
ka...@ourldsfamily.com
Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---
 Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have
 for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
 --Benjamin Franklin
---
 Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually
 repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
---