I'm not sure we're ever going to see college courses offered for Pick,
however I learned about hashing and linked frames in a college course.  It
wasn't a class in "Pick" just in Data Structures.

We just have to learn how to market pick as a hashed database using
continuously resizeable linked structures.  Essentially at the upper level the
Pick
database is just a set of blocks with pointers, that's your real "file",
the contents are not material to that level of abstraction.

Hashing is then a way of overlaying that layer with a deeper layer of
meaning.  We completely avoid the need for a jump table to the contents, as all
the frames are direct access, then you walk the frame in that lower layer of
abstraction.