From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Steve McConnell
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 4:45 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] UV Windows SSH without telnet service

We have a user running on a Windows UniVerse server who has a security
requirement which forbids running any telnet services.  They want to use
ssh to connect and have installed bitvise winsshd.  It allows us to kick
of a uvsh.exe upon authentication.  We are able to login to our software
or the uv account fine.  But, once we are in, we are having serious
terminal emulation problems.  I haven't found a term type which will
work. vt100, console, ansi, etc all display incorrectly (CRLF looks like
LF).   Commands such as PTERM CRMODE do not work, etc.

Has anyone out there connected to a UniVerse windows server without the
telnet service via ssh?

Steve McConnell
Columbia Ultimate