as for re-enabling, I setup the following script (if your on *nix):

[r...@alpha ~]# cat /usr/sbin/reset_pr37
/usr/sbin/cupsdisable PR37
/usr/sbin/cupsenable PR37

and the following sudo entry (visudo as root)
ALL     ALL=(root) NOPASSWD:/usr/sbin/reset_pr37

and anyone can run "sudo /usr/sbin/reset_pr37" and not have to know the root
password.

But...from what I have gathered you need to do the following:

in the cupsd.conf file add the following
JobRetryInterval ##      (this is wait ## seconds before trying the job again)
JobRetryLimit ##         (this is how many times to retry before giving up)

AND in the printer specific section in the printers.conf
Make sure the line: ErrorPolicy reads "ErrorPolicy retry-job" and not
"ErrorPolicy stop-printer"

Now at least it won't disable the queue if it can't print to it, it will
however, KILL the job if it
can't print it once the Retry limit occurs.....

George