Hi,

For big interchange, we use Altova MapForce,
- you build xml mapping from/to "other" structure in wyswyg,
- MapForce build a "java jar Library" you can deliver as free runtime
executable .
- you start "java ... " from uv
-- the source can be a sql source, a text file, ...
-- the result can be text, sql, ... other format

Else, more programatically, we build function with python called from uv.

Under UV, we store the complete xml CLOB, the use a xpath query to "read" a
value. (detail available off list)

I hope this help.

Manu