On 2/23/2011 10:30 AM, George Gallen wrote:
Is python 2.6 needed?

I did the easy_install lxml , and it didn't give any install errors, and did
   install the latest lxml 2.3

My RHEL is runining python 2.4.3

I haven't done much with python, but might consider playing with it, as I have
    some XML project in mind.

George

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org [mailto:u2-users-
boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Steve Romanow
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:07 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] [UV] XML Parser

I like the lxml python module.  I use it frequently.
http://lxml.de/
If the rhel python packages are still ~2.4, you can use the EPEL repo
get pytyhon 2.6 alongside of 2.4.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

I also have xml starlet installed, which may be faster (but not as
flexible.)
http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/docs.php