In a message dated 3/19/2011 1:46:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
george.l...@aptsolutions.net writes:

> Outreach: fft2...@aol.com seems to think that this is what the user group
> is
> about 'Outreach.  Outreach.  and Outreach.'  The current board (and the
> last
> one) would probably disagree between ourselves on this, but I don't look
> on
> outreach as being a function of a user group or, if it is, it's a small
> part.  A user group usually shares knowledge and help within the community
> and represents that community to the vendor.  It simply doesn't have the
> resources, particularly it doesn't have people with time to outreach in
> any
> meaningful way.  That's not to say that outreach isn't desirable, but it's
> not the only focus.

No that's a misunderstanding of my point.  Not that outreach is the "only
focus".
Rather that if Rocket would provide a budget for outreach, then the U2UG
could do outreach.

And again if Rocket provided a budget for outreach, then there would be
resources for outreach.
That they don't of course means that it cannot happen.  Which doesn't
benefit anybody.