The other day, we experienced a lot of users getting locked up.  We did the
normal steps of trying to cleanly log off the users that were stuck, releasing
locks, etc.  However in the end, we wound up having to reboot and the problems
have not returned.  While not the solution I like, we got to the point where we
had to get the business back up and running and stop looking for a problem we
were not likely to find in a timely manner (if at all).

As part of this process, we did a udtdiag dump and submitted it to our vendor
who in turn submitted it to Rocket.  Though no specific issue was found, we
were advised to upgrade from UniData 7.2.1 to 7.2.9.  We are using HPUX on an
Itanium box.

Has anyone else had these problems and upgraded to 7.2.9 to resolve the
problems?
Is anyone else running 7.2.9?  If so, for how long?  Any comments?
How long has 7.2.9 been out?

John Israel
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Dayton Superior Corporation