Doug,

Fine, Eclipse may be a full blown IDE, but I still can download it from the net for free and use it without having to pay an annual license fee.
Why?
Because it is open source perhaps?
So where do the 'hundreds of millions of development dollars' come from?
Donated by companies like yours?
Yeah, right!

But that still won't convince my boss to pay for a XLr8Editor license.
I don't need 200 copies of every program I'm working on.
Why would I want to compare the current version with the one before I wrote a block of code? I don't need a fancy tool to tell me that I hadn't written that particular piece of code half an hour ago. I hardly ever use the copy verb, and with the editor I'm currently using the clipboard or Save as do the job just fine.
Version control? - No need for it either.
We use PRC and that takes care of that.
It works with SB+ paragraphs and dialog, screen, report writer and field definitions too, which I don't think your editor or Windows Team Foundation Server will.
Searching for lines of code in BP?
Well, FIND is a bit awkward and I don't fancy Unix commands that much, but I seldom have the need for that either.
I wish UniData had the ACC-FIND verb I had on ADDS Mentor, though.
And since I don't just type UniBasic code all day I can't see how I could save an hour a day just by using another editor. Testing and figuring out what users really want and how to convert that into code are the most time consuming tasks after all.

And hey, I'm on salary and the job always gets done - so where is the saving? They could lower my salary because with the new tool I'll be sitting around twiddling my thumbs for an hour each day of course.
Don't give them any ideas!

but keep trying :-)

Mecki