Hi Mecki:

Obviously, I'm passionate about tools.  Before 2004, the only thing I could
use was a line by line editor or full screen editors for Unix or full screen
editors for Windows.  Neither of those are viable options after spending
years in Microsoft tools with code completion, syntax verification, source
code control, and many more features.

Eclipse, although bulky when compared to single editors, is not that big
when compared to IDE's.  I can do code searches without using ESEARCH.  I
can do code compares within Eclipse without using windows utilities.  I have
unlimited copies of all of the program changes I've made in my local history
of Eclipse. I can right click on a file and see the entire dictionary in a
grid that I can edit.  I'm more productive without going to telnet to check
or find out information that those non-IDE's make me do.

There are no black and white arguments that would make you change and I know
that.  See this article:
http://www.infoworld.com/d/application-development/my-manifesto-only-idiot-would-disagree-171350?source=IFWNLE_nlt_stradev_2011-09-01

Good Luck,
Doug