Welcome to Hell!

-----Original Message-----
From: George Gallen <ggal...@wyanokegroup.com>
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Wed, Nov 9, 2011 10:57 am
Subject: Re: [U2] Suggestions for flattening Multivalues...

I was looking more for ideas on how to setup the database structure to handle
he 1:n other than the
Sidebar tables joined to the master table.
Right now, the scope of the data being moved off is fairly small, I didn't want
o involve any other apps
 The querying app would be custom in itself (most likely php or something)
Just this one file we are moving contains about 20 different multivalued
fields,
nd it seemed a little
verkill to have to create 21 tables to contain the data in a form MySQL can
andle. I guess that what
appens when you've been raised on multivalue database structure, and are forced
o work with one that
oes not handle it natively!