From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Joshua
Gallant
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:30 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Extracting XML attributes

When working with large XML files in the past I've always run into
issues
like this but I use a combination of xmapopen, xmapreadnext, and
xmapclose.  I couldn't ever come up with a great way to use the UV tools
for parsing a large file at once so I open as a sequential file and
parse
the file until I have a full record.  I then process that one record
with
the xml functions.  There might be 15 other ways but this has always
served its purpose.

- Josh