It was a 32 bit NT server. Also my perl program hung as well. I compiled it
with perl2exe, so I don't know if the perl module has the same issue.

It would connect, but it hung on the transfer, it was strange.

From: John Jenkins [mailto:u2g...@btopenworld.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:42 AM
To: U2 Users List
Cc: George Gallen
Subject: Re: [U2] Universe's DOS command

If you are on 64-bit Windows or Windows 2008 there are some gotchas that can
make FTP hang - in part as UniVerse is a 32-bit shell.

The Microsoft FTP client interacts directly with the keyboard buffer, and as a
result can only be run reliably from a "console" type executable shell - a
shell which has a "Windows keyboard device". Scripting is possible however
using batch command files (3rd party FTP clients may not suffer from the same
limitation).

I recommend using the "-s" option  such as "ftp -s <script> | servername" with
a command text file or VBScript to drive FTP with from a text command file - if
you are using 64-bit Windows make sure that you run the VBScript engine in
SysWow64 - not the default engine in System32.

Hope this helps.

JayJay

mailto:u2g...@btinternet.com