Dan

Absolutely you should vote..! The U2UG is best served through its
relationship with Rocket, so there is nothing to prevent members from Rocket
from voting, standing or otherwise contributing. In fact, the more the
merrier.

(We do have Rocket U2UG members - though many haven't updated their email
addresses from the IBM days so will have had their membership paused -
otherwise we run foul of the anti-span people over here by having too many
bounces when the newsblasts go out).

And Wol is right, the main requirements for someone standing for elections
are a) that they are/have been for a period a U2UG member at the time of
their nomination and b) that they disclose their interests. So in the
unlikely event that Larry Ellison signed up and wanted to stand - we feel
the membership ought to be told.

There's lots more stuff about that in our charter, which is available to
view on the website.

And regarding your questions, the board has been discussing pretty much
exactly those same questions (and more) over the last month leading up to
putting together our program for next year.. so any thoughts you or any
other members may have would be welcomed. The U2UG is not a secret
organisation and we(*) genuinely welcome contributions and ideas from
everyone.

Brian

(*)That's "we", if I get re-elected, or "they", if I don't. Glutton for
punishment.