We've recently added a new UniData tuneable to udtconfig "UDT_SPLIT_POLICY"
which can help conserve space when an overflowed dynamic file splits. The total
size of the contents are not necessarily the same as the physical file size.
Always worth checking with "guide" and the latest fixes and changes for this
change if you have a stake here as the new split policy needs to be positively
chosen.

Regards

JayJay