Thank you to everyone who responded.  I have a decent sized list of
options to investigate.

-John

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of John Hester
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:45 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] U2 accounting software question

We used to have a Pick general ledger software package called FMS that
was sold by Price Waterhouse.  At some point the software was purchased
by a company named IDEAS.  In 2004, they stopped supporting the Pick
version and migrated us to a client-server package that uses MS SQL as
the underlying database.  IDEAS is now owned by a company that services
the oil and gas industry (which is not the industry we're in) and future
support of the software is less than certain, so we're exploring other
options.  Can anyone recommend a good GL system?  It doesn't necessarily
need to be Pick-based, but either UV or MS SQL as the database would be
preferred.  We currently export the UV GL data as a flat csv file at the
end of the month and import it into IDEAS.

Thanks,
John