We use CONCURRENT option all of the time on Linux and Unix boxes with our
XLr8Resizer tool for either Unidata or Universe.  By the way, concurrent
option does not work on Windows yet.

We did not see a performance hit resizing multi-gigabyte file while 50
users were logged in and accessing it.  When you start resizing over 5
files using the CONCURRENT option simultaneously using different thread
option in our XLr8Resizer product, there was a big performance hit.  This
could have been from either resizing all those files and/or the CONCURRENT
option.

Regards,
Doug
www.u2logic.com/tools.html